Tick Ease tweezers, with their fine-tipped, pointy design, were made specifically for the effective removal of engorged ticks. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Tick Encounter Research Center (TERC) at the University of Rhode Island both recommend the use of "fine-tipped" or "pointy" tweezers for the proper and effective removal of ticks for humans. The truth is that traditional household tweezers are designed for the removal of slivers. They are no more appropriate for removing ticks from your skin than are fine-tipped TickEase tweezers for removing slivers.In fact, using household tweezers to remove an engorged tick increases the chances of tearing the tick, which just exacerbates the problem.
Specifications and Features:
- Designed specifically to remove ticks!
- Thin tip for removing even the smallest ticks from people
- Slotted scoop for removing larger ticks from animals/pets
- Safely removes ticks of all sizes, types, and levels of engorgement
- Complies with CDC tick removal guidelines
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. www.P65Warnings.ca.gov