Purchasing a Firearm Online from Fin Feather Fur Outfitters
- Choose your firearm - If you select and buy non-firearms items within the same order the non-firearm items will be shipped directly to your home.
- Pick an FFL (We will ship your firearm to this FFL) - Federal Law requires all firearms purchased online be shipped to an FFL. (Federal Firearms License). Using our FFL Finder select a dealer. If you live within driving distance of one our 6 Fin stores, select your nearest store to avoid FFL Transfer Fees.
- Contact FFL Dealer - Please contact the FFL to set up your transfer, we will need a copy of their current FFL. Be sure to discuss any transfer fees with the FFL you selected to avoid any surprises.
The chosen dealer can send a copy of their current FFL to:
- Complete your online order - Orders will be shipped within 48 hours AFTER we receive and process FFL. (Some exceptions apply) You will receive a shipping confirmation when your order ships.
- Go to your FFL Dealer and pick up your firearm - Arrive with all the documentation and identification needed to prove that you can legally purchase and possess the firearm. If you have questions about the documents needed, please contact the FFL you have chosen to receive the firearm.
Transferring a Firearm to Fin Feather Fur
- Complete the purchase of your firearm. If you purchase a firearm from another retailer, they will ask for a copy of our FFL and we will need some information from you.
- Set up the transfer - Please contact the Fin Feather Fur location where you wish to pick up your firearm. Upon request we can mail, email, or fax a copy of our license to the shipping FFL. Once they have received our FFL, they can ship your firearm.
- The shipping FFL will need to include 2 items with the firearm. First, we will need a copy of their FFL or driver’s license (if they do not have an FFL). Second, we’ll need your name and contact information. Please ask the shipping FFL to include these in the box with your firearm.
- Once we receive your firearm, we must log it into our records. After the firearm has been processed into our system, we will call you to let you know that the firearm is ready to be picked up. Please understand this process will take overnight to update. If you are tracking your package and it shows delivered do not assume it is immediately ready to be picked up.
- You will be required to fill out a 4473 and undergo a background check. This process must be done by you. Please be sure to bring a valid Ohio ID with proof of current residence. If you have any questions, please contact the store.
- Complete the transaction at the register - We charge a $50 transfer fee. Once your background check has been completed, you will pay the transfer fee and take your firearm.
Additional Important Information
*This is not a complete list of requirements. This is simply a list containing some of the Fin Feather Fur Outfitters Firearm policy. You must be sure the purchase/transfer of the firearm is not prohibited by any Federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations for firearm purchases/possession. If you are unsure, you will need to contact your state's Attorney General or ATF before purchasing/transferring the firearm. Please follow this link to the ATF website https://www.atf.gov/
Inspect the firearm to verify the condition and confirm it is the firearm you ordered. If there are any issues DO NOT complete the 4473 or take possession of the firearm! Email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The firearm must be for you. Purchasing or picking up a firearm for someone else is considered a straw sale. This is a serious federal crime, which could result in fines, prison time and felony charges
You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase shotguns and rifles.
You must be 21 years of age or older for all other firearms.
*These age requirements are according to Federal law. However, some states have additional age restrictions. You must be of legal age according to federal law and any laws in your state of residence.
Some states may require licensing/training before you may purchase a firearm. Additionally, some may restrict the types of firearms, magazine capacity, etc. You must verify the legality of the transaction before the transfer is set up. Firearms being shipped to Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey or Vermont may have the magazine(s) removed before shipment if the magazines exceed your states legal round capacity . Fin Feather Fur Outfitters will not replace or exchange magazines. These orders will not be discounted or credited. If your order is being shipped to one of the states listed, please contact us to verify you agree to these terms. Additional processing time may apply.Below is a link to the ATF State Laws and Published Ordinances
You must be a resident of the state you wish to have the firearm shipped. *
The name on your ID must be your legal name and must match the name on your order. *
You must complete an ATF form 4473 and undergo a background check before the FFL may transfer the firearm to you. The FFL is required to perform a background check using either NICS (National Instant Criminal Check System) or POC (Point of Contact) depending on your state laws. The 4473 and background check must be completed by you, in person. Please contact your FFL with any questions.
To pick up a firearm at a Fin Feather Fur location you must be a resident of Ohio, unless you are transferring a shotgun or rifle. If you are transferring a shotgun or rifle you must be a resident of Ohio or a contiguous state. *
You may NOT purchase a firearm if you are;
- Under indictment for a felony or any crime for which the judge can imprison you for more than a year
- A convicted felon
- A fugitive from justice
- An unlawful drug user
- Mentally defective
- Recipient of a dishonorable discharge from the Military
- The subject of a domestic restraining order
- A convicted domestic abuser
- Not a US citizen or Permanent Resident*
WE CURRENTLY DO NOT SHIP TO CALIFORNIA, NEW YORK, HAWAII, ALASKA or ILLINOIS
FFL's are required to refuse the transfer of a firearm if, for any reason they feel the transaction may be unlawful, or that any of the information provided is inaccurate or deceitful. Fin Feather Fur will not transfer a firearm if we have reason to believe any of these policies have been broken.
Be safe, shoot straight and have fun!